About the Course
- Course start date: to be announced
- Course duration: 2 classes in one week
- Class duration: 1 hour
- Class timings: 9:00 P.M. EST (USA time)
- Class size: 1- 10 people
- Class schedule:1st class on Mondays and 2nd class on Fridays
The essence of this course is to explore how English can be a source of creativity and self-expression.
It is a unique approach because it provides a powerful tool for language learning. This course offers the basics of grammar, verb tense, word choice, and commonly mispronounced words, The song lyrics contain explicit features for an intermediate learner. The song offering is, What a Wonderful World, by Louis Armstrong. It is a universal theme which can bring people together. It was chosen because of the singer's clear pronunciation and can help anyone who wants to improve speaking and listening skills. What a Wonderful World is an appropriate song which can be appreciated by people of all ages, languages and cultures.
This course is not intended to replace a traditional language course because it does not provide everything that one needs to know. Nor, will you be awarded with a certificate after successful completion. However, the words and melody will stimulate your mental activity, and further develop cultural awareness. An added benefit is, the song may stay in your head, and it will help you to remember what you have learned.
One of the features of this course is that it provides group activities and optional singing.
The Learning English through Song course offers a systematic approach. It is also an enjoyable way to enrich your language skills.
# live classes: 2
# video : 1
# PPT : 2
# Documents : 18
# online Tests : 1
# Assignments : 1
- Be able to use the present simple vs present progressive tense
- Understand descriptive noun phrases
- Learn about culture and a musical genre
- Improve comprehension skills
- Low intermediate to Upper Intermediate levels of proficiency
- It is advised that you sample the youtube video prior to enrolling. (See link below)
- youtube : url: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnbLRCIJKbE
- Suggested book: Natural Grammar by Scott Thornbury. It is easy to understand with grammar information on 200 most common English words, Some activities have been borrowed.
Course Content Topics
- How words paint pictures in the mind, vocabulary activities
- Key grammar point activities, the word, "what"
- Memory games
- Listen, read, and analyze
- Study present tense
- Express your opinions with your peers
- Online test
- Discuss: sing and/or read along
Language of instruction: English